Monday, July 5, 2010

The best day of the year

It's late, and I need to go to bed, but I couldn't let the best day of the year - the 4th of July - pass without a note. It started with a great mens quartet (including my son-in-law) opening our church service with a patriotic medley, and it ended with The Smartest Little Girl in the Universe sitting in my lap watching fireworks on the banks of the Mississippi River. In between there were two parades to walk in with the next great senator from District 28, the Red Wing Brass Band concert at the downtown bandshell and the thrill of seeing display after display of good old American patriotism in Cannon Falls, Wanamingo and Red Wing.
I could hardly have had a more blessed day. Thank you John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment