Thursday, October 29, 2009

The return of Gabby

If you go back in the archives to last April, you can read about the feelings I had when Marian Gaborik played his last game at the X as a member of the Wild. I didn't want him to leave, and nothing in the ensuing months has made me change my mind.

He's supposed to be back tonight as a member of the New York Rangers, but he injured his leg Monday, missed Wednesday's game and will likely be a game-time decision here against the Wild.

But of course, he's ripping things up for the Rangers. Ten goals and 18 points so far, both among the league leaders, and he's the toast of Broadway. I understand the business of hockey, and I know why it was necessary for him to go elsewhere, but that won't make it any tougher to see him out there on the ice sheet where he should have played for the next dozen years.

It's been a tough Wild season so far, and if he comes in and scores a goal or two and the Rangers win, it's going to be really hard to take.

1 comment:

  1. Agree with your views on Obama (100%)...start talking more about health care and taxes--I'd love your opinion. But, as a WILD season ticket holder--I will say this: Gaborik sucks. I want a guy who will play hockey, not be on the team but not play more than HALF the games. My husband says he is still recovering from his episiotomy. :) Get over Gaborik and let's focus on the guys we have on the team that actually DO play...like Bruno, Burns, Clutterbuck and Nolan.

    ReplyDelete