Monday, November 23, 2009

Now THAT'S a promise!

Perhaps I didn't realize just how much was at stake in the Senate health care debate. Now, thanks to the Sen. Harry Reid (D-Candyland), I finally understand why everyone should be supporting this bill. This is from his Saturday night floor statement:

"Today we vote whether to even discuss one of the greatest issues of our generation - indeed, one of the greatest issues this body has ever face: whether this nation will finally guarantee its people the right to live free from the fear of illness and death, which can be prevented by decent health care for all."

Imagine that: The United States Senate can make it possible for all of us to live free from the fear of illness and death. Had I known about the immortality option when I worked in the Senate, I would have signed up for it right away.

2 comments:

  1. Your right this is a much bigger issue than I thought. "These rights are endowed by their creator, eternal life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of this stuff you can't make up.

    ReplyDelete