Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mixed emotions night

Last night was a really important game for the Wild, and they played very well, only to lose 2-1 in overtime to Vancouver, a.k.a. "Satan's Team." We get one point for the tie in regulation, but not winning the OT makes it even tougher to make the playoffs.

So I left the X feeling pretty down. It's hard to watch a hockey season die, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs just aren't the same when you don't have a team involved.

But then I got to my car, and there was text message from my daughter, Corrie, who is expecting our second grandchild and had undergone an ultrasound yesterday. It's a boy! Absolutely wonderful news, and suddenly the fact that the Wild lost a game didn't seem that important. Here's what I wrote on my Facebook page:

"With their first-round pick in the 2028 NHL draft, the Minnesota Wild select Sergei / Cal / Wayne / Mikko / Gordie / Pierre-Marc / Brian / Whatever Westphall."

Let's hope so! :)

1 comment:

  1. One of my first thoughts was "Where will Dad get him a little pair of skates so he can play at age 3?"
    And how come you have not requested my facebook friendship? I asked a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete