Thursday, February 11, 2010

The D.C. Blizzard


Here's my favorite photo from the blizzard that hit Washington, D.C. and much of the East Coast today. This is taken just a block or so from the Capitol.

In my Washington years, I was always amazed at how just 3-4 inches of snow could shut down the city, and there's really no doubt that they are weather weenies out there.

But what they've had the last week would crush almost any city. First they got 20+ inches of snow, and before that could even be adequately cleared, they got another 10 inches or so, accompanied by high winds that blew everything into drifts.

Generally D.C. snow is no big deal because the temps go back to 50 in a couple days and it all melts. That won't happen with this snow, and for all my friends back there, I wish I could send you my snowblower. Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. Of course the real blessing in that weather is that it closed down government for a few days!! Joy, joy, joy!! At least a few hours that they couldn't inflict their particular brand of mischief and mayhem on us (although given their penchant for working behind closed doors.....)!!

    TFMH :)

    ReplyDelete