Thursday, April 26, 2012

Special courtroom edition

Well, the Amy Senser trial completed its fourth day today, and so far I haven't heard any evidence that would move me very far from the analysis I made on Sunday. (Scroll down or click here.) The narrative of the past few months - Mrs. Senser got lost, hit the victim but didn't know it, eventually went home - seems unchanged.

To me, the most crucial piece of evidence so far is this: When Mrs. Senser got home that night, she parked her damaged SUV in the driveway, not in the garage.We know this because Joe Senser, who had to go pick up the girls at the concert, parked behind her in the driveway when he got home.

Imagine for a moment that you had accidentally hit a pedestrian with your vehicle, and you wanted to conceal that fact. Once you got home, wouldn't the very first thing you'd do be to put the vehicle in the garage and close the garage door? Why leave the vehicle out in the driveway, where the entire neighborhood could see it and turn you in when the media began reporting the hit-and-run?

That single piece of evidence almost HAS to lead you to believe that she had no idea she had struck a person, and as mentioned earlier, the entire prosecution case rests on her KNOWING that she had hit someone.

I mentioned in Sunday's blog that I couldn't see her being guilty of anything beyond misdemeanor careless driving, and on the trial's first day, the judge told the jury they could consider that charge. I still see that as the most likely outcome.

In other jurisprudence news, we have the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case from Florida. The case has taken on racial overtones, thanks to the hysteria of human-sacks-of-crap Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, along with the vigilante activities of the New Black Panthers (I thought the Obama Justice Department wanted to prosecute hate crimes...why haven't any of these guys been arrested). What we HAVEN'T seen in this case is very much actual informative reporting.

Until this week. A Reuters reporter named Chris Francescani went down to Florida and did some actual reporting, talking to neighbors, friends, relatives, etc, and wrote an excellent piece that you can read here.

Lots of interesting facts that a real reporter was able to learn by doing some legwork and asking questions, as opposed to just sticking a microphone in front of an idiot like Jesse Jackson.

2 comments:

  1. Sacks of crap? And your background is communications? Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a fact that she parked in the driveway when she got home or is that testimony from the Sensers?

    What's obvious to me is that Amy Senser wants to be cleared of all criminal wrongdoing and I don't know how a jury can find her innocent. To me it would set a pretty dangerous precedent that hit and run law has no teeth, therefore if I tag someone, my best option is to now drive away assuming nobody can prove I knew I hit a human being. Of course, I believe the law was written in a way that implies once a person strikes a human being with a vehicle, they would automatically know this 100% of the time. I don't understand how Amy hits something that fast, that hard, causing so much damage, that she doesn't think twice about it to stop at the time, or look at the vehicle when she gets home. Sounds to me like she was drunk but conveniently for the Amy, prosecution has no chance to prove that now. The Mike's bottle cap wouldn't be enough.

    ReplyDelete